Getting to know you, getting to know me
I have been wanting to do a post like this for a while, and now I finally got around to doing one! So for those that are new around here, here are 28 fun facts about me...
1. I learnt to braid my hair before I could read and write, just for my Barbie dolls. I insisted on them having daily outfit changes and fabulous hairstyles!
2. I have a sister and brother and was raised by our mum.
3. I was born and raised in Australia, and my heritage is Dutch and Irish.
4. My hair is naturally curly and it takes a lot to look after it.
5. Growing up we played a lot of board games and my favourite will always be Balderdash! So many memories :)
6. I'm extremely shy. Though I may not be the loudest in the room, I'm always listening and taking everything in. I'm also one of those people that will remember things what you wore at a particular event two years before.
7. For most of my life I only ate white meat (fish or chicken), but the last few years I have converted. My taste buds have totally changed too! Now if you want to bribe me, you better have a cheeseburger ready.
8. I do and can cook, but if I could get out of it, I would! Though, I do have the patience to make recipes that require tones of steps. I prefer baking and will happily spend hours and hours making and decorating cakes. Now if I'm making someone a birthday cake, it will usually be more than one tier... smirk... go big right?!
9. My favourite food is Mexican or Italian.
10. I don't drink coffee or traditional black tea. I'm all for the hot chocolate and herbal tea life!
11. My favourite holidays are Halloween and Christmas.
12. I love wrapping presents and making them look elaborate. I think the wrapping is just as important as the present and all about the whole experience.
13. I'm obsessed with TV Shows and Movies. I have too many favourites to choose just one! But Gossip Girl will always be the strong favourite, and The Sound of Music will always be a childhood favourite. Cheesy Christmas movies never get old and I even watch subtitled movies.
14. I love to read. Growing up I always read and lately I've been trying to get back into it. I'll read business books and chic lit. My favourite authors are Plum Sykes and Lauren Weisberger, and my all-time favourite novel is Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes. I just finished reading About a Girl by Lindsey Kelk, it's a series and I definitely want to continue reading them. Audiobooks are great if you are time poor! I don't read crime/mystery books, I prefer to watch them as a show.
15. The one sport I do watch is the UFC and have even seen a few cards live.
16. My favourite workout DVD is the Tracey Anderson Method (Mat Workout) and then also running. I have completed two full marathons and training for those seems to be the only thing to keep me motivated. I also did Aerial (Silks and Lyra) classes for a while, you get so many bruises, but I do miss it and want to go back soon. My favourite was doing the back balance on the Lyra.
17. I'm scared of heights, but that doesn't stop me from going on roller coasters or doing Aerial classes, surprisingly I don't feel scared up in the air doing that, I guess I'm busy focusing on my posture.
18. I don't have any tattoos and I will never get any!
19. I have major OCD.
20. My favourite colour is navy.
21. I'm a handbag and shoe girl and will always baby wipe them and store them properly! Accessories can make or break an outfit.
22. Dresses over jeans and a tee.
23. I love stripes, animal print, sequins, lace and ruffles. Pretty much anything bright and/or lots of detail in an outfit. I hardly have anything black.
24. I'm obsessed with doing my nails and have since I was a kid. I've never had acrylics or gel, but own enough nail polish to open a nail salon :)
25. I hate the cold and could never live anywhere with proper seasons.
26. I definitely have the travel bug! So many more places I want to visit!
27. Matt takes my blog photos and this year my sister has been doing some too. I do all the editing and everything that is needed for my site and channels.
28. I will never understand why people are so mean online! At the end of the day if someone makes the effort to go online and be really mean/negative over something they are only speculating over, then that's a clear reflection of the type of person they are! A complete a**hole! It's never ok and nothing will ever justify it! I see mean things online all the time and it makes me sad, and I don't even know the person. Essentially people are only posting a fraction of their life, so just because you follow them doesn't mean you know them or their whole life, and you may not or have to agree with everything, but being horrible over things that you don't know the full story on or just because, is shameful. Think before you type; if you wouldn't want it done to you, then don't do it to someone else! There's a special place in hell for keyboard warriors! Words hurt and karma's a bitch!